This is an introductory course on Ethics and Reproducibility in Artificial Intelligence (AI). The course is composed of two parts. The first part covers ethical aspects of AI, while the second, practical aspects on building AI systems so they are continuously reproducible and extensible. It is given to master students at Idiap's Master in AI.
Credits: 2 ECTS (equivalent to 50 to 60 working hours)
Grading: Written exam on Ethics and the Law (30%) and Open-Science mini-Project (70%)
Days: Mondays, from 9:00 to 10:30
- AI and the Law (week 1)
- AI and Data Protection (week 2)
- AI and Ethics, and Written exam for Part 1 (week 3)
- Reproducibility, What is it? (week 4)
- Data and Workflow Management (week 5)
- Version Control with Git (week 6)
- Code sharing with GitHub (week 7)
- Unit Testing and Continuous Integration (week 8)
- Documentation and Reporting (week 9)
- Packaging, Deployment and Licensing (week 10)
- Mini-project Presentations (week 11)
Each topic is covered on a single week. There are no graded assigments on this module, except for the mini-project.